Bone and Joint Treatment
“Do not want osteoarthritis surgery? We got an option.” With PRP or Platelet-Rich Plasma as a treatment for injured tissue or repairing the damaged part of the body by using (your own) blood platelets. The concentration of platelets in the blood is generally 3-4 times the concentration of platelets suitable for treatment. Injected to the area of injury, inflammation or deterioration of certain areas of the body.
The key to this therapy is the “platelets.” Because the platelets are the source of growth factor that stimulates the body repair process and to stop the degeneration of the ligaments.
A small blood sample is taken from the person being treated and put into a centrifuge or other specialized device that spins at high speed leads to platelet aggregation, 3 to 4 times higher compared to the platelets in the bloodstream. The concentration of platelets is then injected into the area of the person’s body that needs to be treated. PRP enhances the growth factor in injured or worn areas. Growth factor is a substance that helps the body repair damaged parts like blood vessel repair, increasing cell formation including collagen (the most abundant protein in our bodies. It’s what helps give our skin strength and elasticity, along with replacing dead skin cells.)
Types of Growth Factors in Platelets:
- PDGF and TGF-Beta boost fibroblast and increase collagen production process.
- IGF is a mediator for growth and bone repair.
- EGF stimulates new cell regeneration and replenishes the damaged cells.
- VEGF helps with vascular repair and the circulation system to work efficiently.
With this principle, PRP or Platelet-Rich Plasma is a new medical technique that is used in many aspects like in sports medicine, bone and joint medicine (anthopedic) and in the skin and beauty medicine (Aesthetic).
1. Treatment of inflammation of the joints. And the ligaments are.
- Tennis elbow or Lateral epicondylitis – (Your forearm tendons often called “extensors” attach the muscles to bone.)
- Jumpers knee or patellar tendonitis is an overuse injury that results in pain at the front of the knee, localized at a point at the bottom of the kneecap. Achilles tendonitis
- Achilles tendinosis
- Plantar fasciitis
- Nerve inflammation / Hamstring tendonitis
- Adductor Tendonitis
- Gluteal Tendonitis
2. Muscle inflammation due to sports.
- Hamstring Muscle (often found in soccer players)
- Calf muscles
3. Osteoarthritis, orthopedic surgery.
- Osteoarthritis and inflammation -Knee osteoarthritis
- Hip and degenerative diseases Osteoarthritis
- Spinal cord and lumbar disc degeneration.
PRP can also used in skin rejuvenation and beauty. Growth Factor contains PDGF and TFG-Beta, Fibroblast enhances the process of building collagen (It’s what helps give our skin strength and elasticity, along with replacing dead skin cells.). As follow:
- Repair damaged skin
- Accelerate the repair and Treats skin from acne breakouts.
- Helps tighten skin, smooth and soft.
- Reduce wrinkles on the face. Also reduce the dark spots on your face.
Treatments and body rejuvenation with PRP or Platelet-Rich Plasma is a method that has long been active since 1987 as a treatment for high security. The use of platelets in the treatment has no risk of drug resistance or side effects. And it’s also very popular abroad, especially with the world-class athletes who need effective result and the faster recovery.
- Symptom evaluation by a specialist.
- When we have an injury to the joint or ligaments, which requires specialist medical examinations and injuries history and diseases special tests, such as X-RAY ULTRASOUND or MRI, may be used to assess the injury area and to treat PRP.
- The use of PRP for skin and beauty. A beauty doctor will check your skin for repair.
- BLOOD COLLECTION
- The laboratory will collect your blood. Like blood tests, It will take about 15-20 ml.
- The blood sample collected will be put into a centrifuge or other specialized device that spins at high speed. This process separates platelets from other blood components. In men it is about 3-5 ml. And in women will have 5-6 ml.
- PRP (Platelet-Rich Plasma) injection for healing or restoration
- Specialists inject PRP (Platelet-Rich Plasma) into the wound site to revive the skin. Most of them will be injected within 30 minutes after PRP spin.