What is Erectile Dysfunction? Erectile Dysfunction is commonly referred to as Erectile Dysfunction/Impotent. It is the condition that the penis cannot solidify/erect during sex. This symptom can happen to men in any age. However, it is more common with increasing age.
How Erectile Dysfunction Effect:
Male sexual arousal is a complex process that involves the brain, hormones, emotions, nerves, muscles and blood vessels. Erectile dysfunction can result from a problem with any of these. Likewise, stress and mental health concerns can cause or worsen erectile dysfunction.
Sometimes a combination of physical and psychological issues causes erectile dysfunction. For instance, a minor physical condition that slows your sexual response might cause anxiety about maintaining an erection. The resulting anxiety can lead to or worsen erectile dysfunction.
In many cases, erectile dysfunction is caused by something physical. Common causes include:
- The risk increased at the age 40-49, 50-59, 60-70 years by 20.4, 46.3, 73.4 percent, respectively.
- Social and economic – It was studied that those with high income had better knowledge of their profession than those with lower income.
- Chronic illness or chronic disease – Constipation is a chronic disease that is long enough to affect the arteries, veins, muscles of the genital area can cause erectile dysfunction. Such as diabetes, kidney disease, alcoholism. Artery disease atherosclerosis Erectile dysfunction in this group is found 70%.
- Cardiovascular disease will make blood flow to the penis less.
- High blood pressure
- Enlarged prostate
- Surgical and accidental nerve damage to the genitals. Such as pelvic surgery, prostate surgery, a genital accident, spinal cord injury may damage the nerve causing erection.
- The drug taken. Many drugs may decrease sexual desire. Some can cause ED
- Living habits include smoking. People who smoke are more likely to develop ED than non-smokers, 45% of them are normal, 35% are drunk, and 54% are drunk. Study shows that people who regularly exercise are less prone to erectile dysfunction.
Psychological causes of erectile dysfunction:
The brain plays a key role in triggering the series of physical events that cause an erection, starting with feelings of sexual excitement. These Include:
- Emotional and emotional issues such as guilt or anxiety, specific concerns about sexual performance, anxiousness that the penis cannot be erect becomes a distraction to the extent that affects erection.
- Conditions that affect the brain and decrease in sexual drive include depression or schizophrenia. The use of drugs that affect the central nervous system, such as sedation, antidepressant medication, antihypertensive medications and alcohol include chronic illnesses such as heart disease, lung disease, kidney or liver disease, and certain cancers.
- Hormonal changes that reduce sexual desire. The level of testosterone decreased. Increased levels of prolactin (which depends on the activity of the pituitary gland) and thyroid hormone production.
- Abnormalities in the brain, which may decrease sexual desire. But there is a neurological connection that affects sexual function. Such disorders include brain tumors and cerebral vascular thrombosis.
- Spinal disorders such as Multiple Sclerosis or Spinal Cord Injury
- Peripheral Nerve Damage Caused by diabetes or pelvic surgery to treat prostate cancer or colon cancer.
- Some medications may cause problems in the sexual function, such as antidepressants, anticholinergics, antihistamine drugs for high blood pressure medication Beta – Blogger (And other antihypertensives), as well as long-term exposure to nicotine.
- Peripheral vascular disease (Blood flow not reaching the penis and penis)
Systemic causes of erectile dysfunction:
- Artery Disorders The most common causes are:
- High blood pressure
- High blood fat
- Cyclist Motorbike
- Neurological disorders Classes are as follows.
- Brain Tumors, Epilepsy, Epilepsy, Parkinson’s Alzheimer’s disease
- Spinal cord The most common cause is getting an accident.
- Nerve and nerve endings The most common cause is diabetes. It is also found in those who undergo abdominal surgery. Prostate surgery
- Venous disorders often found in the elderly. Diabetes is due to vein clotting.
- Hormonal disorders People who have less than normal testosterone are more likely to have ED problems with decreased sexual desire. But it does not involve erectile dysfunction.
- Mental disorders are divided into two categories. I have a mental illness. The second type is sexually abused, which may be due to premature ejaculation. I do not fully hardened and then chronic anxiety.
Symptoms of Erectile Dysfunction:
A study in Massachusetts Aging Study reported the following epidemiological findings:
- Erectile dysfunction: The patient can’t reach erection for almost every sexual intercourse.
- Moderate dyspnea: the main symptom perceived by patients affected by chronic respiratory diseases affecting sexual activity
- Severe diarrhea: The patient who have a higher risk of developing erectile dysfunction.
In making a diagnosis of erectile dysfunction (ED), your doctor will start by taking a detailed medical and psychosexual history and conducting a thorough physical examination.
Physical examination. This might include careful examination of your penis and testicles and checking your nerves for sensation. If the penis does not reach erection, it might be caused by the endocrine.
The doctor will examine the liver, kidney, fat, blood. For those who have low sexual desire, you may need to take hormone to increase testosterone. Also observe the erection of the penis during sleep if it cannot erect at night or at dawn, the cause is probably caused psychological.
How to maintain the erectile dysfunction.
- Avoid taking nicotine from smoking. Abstain from alcohol and other narcotic drugs.
- If the drug used is the cause of erectile dysfunction. The doctor may change to new medication.
- Erectile dysfunction is caused by emotional or mental problems. Your doctor or psychiatrist will be able to provide you with appropriate advice to treat the condition.
- If low blood levels of testosterone can be treated with injected testosterone into the body or apply on the skin.
- May need treatment if the thyroid hormone is high (Hyperthyroidism) or low thyroid hormone (hypothyroidism) too.
- Drug therapy, Bromocriptine to maintain a high level of prolactin.
- Currently there are three types of effective drugs that are effective: sildenafil, vardenafil and tadalafil. All three drugs can treat erectile dysfunction to increase blood flowing into the penis during sexual stimulation. These medications do not cause erections during periods of non-sexual stimulation. Viagra and Levitra help the penis harden for about 4 hours, and the drug will affect approximately 24-36 hours. The side effects of the three drugs differ slightly. This drug should not be used by people who are taking a drug containing nitrate, such as nitrosucrose. Should not be used with patients with cerebral vascular disease. It may cause a heart attack Or severe heart attack.
- Using a vacuum pump to help with erection. The principle of the machine is to pumped the air out of the plastic tube while the penis is inside the tube. Within a few minutes after the pump, blood is drawn into the corpora cavernosa tissue, which is a spongy tissue. When the penis solidifies. This tool will be removed. Then the catapult strap at the base of the penis. To help stabilize.
- Alprostadil injection. This drug is a drug that causes blood vessels to expand. To bring blood to the penis. Until the hardening Your doctor will advise you on the correct injection technique.
- Treatment with ESWT is the latest technology giving treatment on erectile dysfunction. Shock Wave Therapy is the use of low-impact sound waves from the outside. (Low-Intensity Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy: LI-ESWT) to stimulate the patient’s genitals. As a result, new arteries develop in the vagina. When blood vessels in the penis work better. The awakening and enlargement of the penis are therefore more effective. This is a new alternative for patients with erectile dysfunction. Highly secure. Safe from side effects from drug therapy.
Shock Wave for ED Program
- Treatment 1-2 weeks in succession.
- Duration of treatment is approximately 6-10 minutes.
- The patient will feel like a slight bump. Genital area while healing Do not feel hurt No need to rehabilitate Can live or have sex normally after treatment. Because it is a safe treatment. Without side effects. It is suitable for those who do not want to be treated with erectile dysfunction drugs. Non-responders Or those who have side effects from taking the drug.
- Patients treated after 3 to 4 years of age are found to have better penile erections than before treatment. And sexual performance is gradual. Refreshed When fully admitted. The number of treatments may depend on the severity of the disease or other factors, such as diabetes, stress, which the physician will consider and evaluate.
- Surgery Surgical insertion of the prostheses into the erectile tube of the penis. If The above method does not work, there are 2 ways.
- One core rigid.
- 3 axes with swelling.
- One core rigid.
If not treated, there will be problems.
Erectile dysfunction is a common symptom and causes problems in men. About 30 million men in the United States have erectile dysfunction. Based on this figure, more than 100 million men worldwide are sexually impotent. About 52% of men aged 40-70 years of sexual dysfunction among these people, there are many stressors that affect family relationships. And may cause depression, decreased self esteem and bad image of themselves.
Preventing Erectile Dysfunction
- Drink up to 2 glasses of alcohol a day.
- Non smoking
- Consult a therapist about improving communication with your partner.